TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Disclosure: This is a website provided by Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Reata) for sharing information about living with Friedreich’s ataxia (FA), a chronic disease. This page is intended for U.S. residents aged 18 and older only who have been diagnosed as having FA or who are caregivers for patients diagnosed as having FA. Some of the content contained in this section of the site comes from members of the public or third parties and does not necessarily reflect the views of Reata, and no endorsement or approval of their content should be implied. Users will not be able to communicate directly with one another via this page.
Reata encourages people with FA and their advocates to share the story of their own journeys with FA via the submission form on this website. This content may then be published to this web page, and/or other social media platforms or otherwise distributed by Reata, for others to view or share. For example, Reata may include your story in an advertisement directed to other people with FA on Facebook. If Reata uses your story and content, it will only use the identifying information that you have provided. Due to the nature of the regulated industry under which this site is governed, any content shared will be subject to the following guidelines:
- All images submitted in any form must be owned by the individual poster. Do not submit images that are copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party. Any images deemed inappropriate will not be permitted on this web page.
- Any content containing any of the following, as determined in Reata’s sole discretion, will not be approved for publication to the web page or otherwise utilized:
- Name of our products or other companies’ products
- Mention of any clinical trial sponsored by Reata
- Health or medical advice
- Names of physicians, hospitals, or other medical treatment centers
- Profanity, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, or demeaning content, including images, videos, and links
- Content that contains nudity or images of a celebrity
- Content that is disparaging, threatening, or condones violence or illegal behavior
- Content that violates copyright or intellectual property protections
- Content or images that users do not have rights or permission to use
- Content that is commercial in nature, with an intent to sell products and services or recruit fans and followers to other social communities
- Information that is false, inaccurate, or misleading
- Content that is excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community (SPAM)
- Any identifying information regarding the FA patient, if a caregiver is making the submission
By submitting content to this web page, you are releasing your content – video, audio, photos, and text inclusive and any personal information, including personal health information, in full or in part – for use on the ShareYourFAStory.com website and other social media platforms, for disease awareness events, exhibits, and materials, or in audio visual presentation or other forms of presentation in print, electronic, or digital media format as determined by Reata for others to view and share.
Reata reserves the right to not include content that is considered inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, or that is used to promote and solicit for third-party sites, initiatives, or products. All content will be reviewed and may not be posted if deemed inappropriate or inconsistent with the intended use of this site. Reata reserves the right to edit or excerpt submissions in its sole discretion to ensure posted content complies with the intended use of this site.
Agreement with Terms: By submitting content and checking the box, I agree and represent that (a) I have reviewed and understand the Submission Guidelines, (b), I am bound by the Submission Guidelines, (c) I am at least 18 years of age, (d) I have been diagnosed as having FA or I am a caregiver for a patient diagnosed as having FA, (e) I am a resident of the United States, (f) I am legally able to enter into this agreement, (g) I own all rights to the content submitted, (h) I will not be financially compensated for the use of my likeness or voice or any written transcript of my verbal statements, and (i) I consent to the use of my content as described. To the extent that my consent to the use of my content as herein described constitutes a waiver of my privacy rights, I hereby consent to such waiver. I reserve the right to withdraw my consent at any future time by contacting the Chief Legal Officer of Reata in writing. I understand and agree that, in the event that I choose to withdraw my consent as aforesaid, no further use will be made by Reata of my content, but content that has been made public prior to such withdrawal will remain in the public domain.
Adverse Events (“AEs”): Any adverse events or side effects mentioned within submissions will be addressed according to FDA regulation. Potential side effects of prescription drugs can and should be reported to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.