Not sure what to write? Don’t worry – you don’t have to be an experienced writer to write a great story or poem! Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
If you’re living with FA…
- What does the word “support” mean to you? What difference does a good support system make when tackling FA? How do you personally support or self-advocate for yourself?
- What are some things that people who are not aware of FA should know about?
- What’s a kind thing someone has done for you that has made a big impact on your worldview? Consider writing an ode or thank you letter to them!
- If you had the ability to share one encouraging thought with a person who has just been diagnosed with FA, what would it be?
- How does FA make you feel? Use metaphor to bring that feeling to life (for example, “FA is a hurricane that slammed into my life.”)
If you’re a supporter of someone living with FA…
- What does it mean to give support? What different forms could support show up as?
- What impact does your support have on the FA community?